The Governing Body
The Bridge School has a Governing Body which is responsible for overseeing all aspects of school life. The governors meet every term to ensure that all necessary policies and procedures are in place to meet statutory requirements. Minutes of the meetings are available for viewing in the school office. The Governing Body also decides how the school’s budget will be spent and what priorities are included in the School Improvement Plan.
The Governing Body works with the Headteacher, the Leadership Team, and the staff to ensure that the children attending the school are kept safe and are provided with the right opportunities to learn, develop and grow.
The twelve members of the Governing Body are made up of: 4 Parent Governors, 1 Local Authority Governor, 5 Co- Opted Governors and 2 Staff Governors. We also have 2 Associate Governors on the Finance Committee. Governors are elected for a four year term of office.
The Chair of Governors is: Mrs Frances Gander and she can be contacted through the school office.
- The Parent Governors are: Rachel Barritt,, Sarah Newell, Matthew Porter and Andy Chattell.
- The Local Authority Governors are: Frances Gander
- The Co-opted Governors are: Liz Gerrie, Howard Needham, Adrian Ilott, Simon Linford Wood and Peter See
- associate Governors on the Finance committee: Gordon Cochrane and Martin Bennett
- The Staff Governors are: Odran Doran, and Miglena Gencheva.
The work of the Governing Body is carried out by the following committees:
· Finance and Personnel
· Premises, Health And Safety
Governors regularly visit the school and observe the work that is being carried out by the staff.
Sarah Newell is our Governor responsible for Safeguarding and can be contacted via the school office.
7 July 2017