am delighted to have the opportunity of being the Acting Headteacher for the Bridge School. This role is temporary whilst the governors look for and appoint a permanent Headteacher. In the meantime I am looking forward to leading and supporting the school through this period as well as parents and carers in the coming months. Odran will be sorely missed and is a hard act to follow, and I want to assure you that I and the staff will work hard to maintain the high standards the he established.
The Bridge is a wonderful school to work at and the staff and pupils are fantastic. I feel the same deep privilege that Odran felt when he was here. You can find out more about our local offer by looking at our School Prospectus on the `About Us' tab under `Key Information' of this website.
All children attending The Bridge School enter a learning environment in which everyone is equally valued.
The children are the focus of all that is done in the school; their quality of education and their safety are our main priorities.
The staff and Governors want all pupils to experience excellent teaching which challenges them, within a supportive learning environment. We strive to achieve this through the following aims:_
• to have high expectations and provide; enjoyment through learning;
• to provide a personally challenging curriculum, containing opportunities and experiences which will enable every pupil to develop their skills and to learn through achievement;
• to celebrate and value the full range of pupil achievements;
• to build strong links with mainstream schools and colleges;
• to support families and recognise their understanding and knowledge of their children;
• to work in partnership with Health, Social Services, and other professionals to meet the whole needs of the pupils and their families.
All pupils have vast potential and all have much to contribute to our school and community. It is our aim to nurture and foster the talents of all pupils in a way that allows their achievements to be recognised and celebrates diversity. Our aims and ethos complement fundamental British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
We are a busy but friendly school, with lots going on. This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents and pupils.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have.
Thank you for visiting!